THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

Check out our church blog @
emmanuelbaptist.com

Missionary of the week

04.07 - Steve and Rowena Barnes
04.14 - Antonio & Diane Navarette
04.21 - Fred & Rachel Whitman
04.28 - Dale & Karen Marshfield

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Another Romans 5 prayer


King of the Universe,
I submit to your lordship, repentant of my disloyalty.

I praise and thank you, that though I welcomed Sin’s rule with open arms,
Enthroned him upon my very soul,
And participated in the curse of anti-creation,
Your grace conquered Sin and Death for me.

I praise and thank you that while I was on the enemy’s side,
You purged my record of condemnation,
Granted me citizenship in your eternal kingdom,
And called me righteous, though I am far from it.

I praise and thank you that though once I was in the very grip of death,
I now will reign under your good rule in eternal life.

Give me grace to fight evil at every turn, at any cost, for the sake of your kingdom.
Oh, how I feel the strain of warfare still.
Come, end this war.
Come, establish your kingdom.
I join the groaning of all creation in longing for the restoration of all things,
So come quickly, LORD Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment